When using the laser cutter, I first found that the tabs were not long enough to take in account the thickness of the cardboard. I then adjusted the tabs so they were longer and although these slotted in to each other so the planes could ‘balance’ against each other, they were not very secure and easily fell apart. This is because I didn’t take into account the diameter of the laser cutter and the gap this would create.
Also the four planed object didn’t fit right as I didn’t account for the thickness of the material which would raise one plane that was locked on top of it and therefore tabs on surrounding planes had to be adjusted according to this height variance.
Lastly, I didn’t account the fact that the thickness of the material would add to the overall dimensions and therefore did not fit the 50×50 requirement in the brief.