3 Plane Development- I took into consideration the offset of the bottom plane in relation to where the tabs need to be and reduced the size of the planes so that overall it will fit into the 50by 50 size aswell as altering some of the design so that it does not have such small components that are likely to break. Also I added nodes as I noticed that these- in my stacked models appeared to increase the friction bewteen the tabs, holding them in place better.
My additive print fell apart as the joins were too small. In this itteration I tried to build a practical shape- bowl like in development of the cardboard additive design. Encorperating the stepping shape and curve that has appeared in the other models
My initial cardboard reductive was successful in terms of staying together but i wanted to strengthen it by using two poles instead of just one and also creating a more prominent reductive cut away in the curve- Also adding more layers to the stack to create an object closer to the 50 by 50 dimensions.
My additive cardboard form wasn’t successful last time so I changed the shape to a bowl form- adapting the design from the additive acrylic- it joins with slot joints that have nodes on them
I developed my stack concept to now look as if there are stairs inside the cube- I have kept with the joining idea of the frame but made it larger to accommodate for the space between each layer
In my four plane design, I reduced the size of the initial planes and placed them in the middle of 50 by 50 squares with slots to try the slotting join technique and hopefully create a more stable structure.
I have taken out the lines in the base square which split it into strips last time I laser cut the design.