First 3D prints

photo 1 photo 2 photo 3 photo 5 photo 2 photo 3

I was fairly happy with the outcome of the reductive print however the scaffolding was stuck in small parts of the design where I had made tiny holes. The additive print was very unsuccessful- there was too much weight relying on the top part so the model snapped and all the detail I had put into the design was extremely small and therefore didn’t print and just came out as a bunch of scaffolding. In the future I will need to reconsider how small the components are. The lettering on both however came out quite well and was more legible than I anticipated it being- in comparison to the failure of the rest of the design.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s