The bigger middle size was a lot stronger and using MDF instead of corrugated cardboard also strengthened the shapes but the slot size I had cut was too small for the thickness of the material.
The frame and some pieces snapped when trying to dislodge it from the acrylic sheet and so i couldn’t put the full design together.
These joins were much stronger in mdf than in acrylic but I will have to re cut the securing squares as they exceed the all over shape to over 50 by 50.
I re cut the joining sticks but used MDF and these were a lot stronger and securely hold the object together.
The holes were too big and so did not hold the ccomponents together tightly.
The side join snapped together securely.
Unfortunately the kerfing didn’t work and snapped when I tried to bend it. I think it might work better if i extended the pattern so that there is more area of bending and it was also suggested that I use water so soften the material and then try to gently bend the shape
The ball worked and the design was working until I tried to secure the last part and it snapped the whole frame- if i make the hole slightly bigger on the stripes then it should work.